1. JackPoint JackStands consist of two major components – the JackPoint Base (Base - Illustration 1) and the JackPoint Pad (Pad - Illustration 1).
2. The base and pad should only be used with a properly operating floor jack (jack – illustration 1). The jack must have a jack plate (jack plate – illustration 1) that is between 3 and 5 inches in diameter. It is important that the pad fits securly on top of the jack plate. The jack plate should not be so big that the pad will not sit level on the plate, nor so small that the pad will tip or fall off the plate.
8. Slowly lower the vehicle until it is an inch above the base and stop.
Note: it may be necessary to adjust the location of the base slightly to align it under the pad before lowering the vehicle down to the base. Check for proper alignment before lowering the vehicle the final inch onto the base.
9. Lower the vehicle so that it rest on the jackpoint base. See illustration 6.
With the jack lowered, place the pad on top of the jack plate (illustrations 2 & 3).
3. Check to see if the floor jack will roll into the open side of the base with the jack plate elevated as high as the top of the base.
See illustration 1a.
JACKPOINT JACKSTANDS TM
6. Slowly raise the jack until the pad contacts the vehicle’s jacking location. If necessary, adjust the jack so that the pad lines up properly.
7. Using the jack, raise the vehicle until it is high enough to slide the base under the vehicle and locate the base under the pad and jack plate. Grab and use only the legs of the base to position the base under the pad. Never place your hands on top of the jack stand base or under the jack pad while positioning the base under the jack! Unintended lowering of the jack or a jack failure could result in serious injury to hands if your hand is caught between the jack stand base and the cap (illustrations 5 & 6).
If the jack will not fit it is too large and will not function properly with jackpoint jackstands. Jack base – including handles or wheels should be 11 ¾ inches wide or less. Jack lift arm should be 5 3/4 inches wide or less for easy clearance.
10. With the vehicle resting on the base, you can remove the jack and repeat the process to install additional jackpoint jackstands.
For additional information, questions, replacement or special application parts email us at email@example.com.
Jackpoint jackstands have been tested to meet ansi standards for jack stands rated at 4000 lbs. Do not overload the jack stands or use a jack stand that has been damaged. All jack stands are rated in pairs and standard application indicates use in pairs. Certain vehicles are designed such that a single jack stand might be used on the factory location. Always consult your auto manufacturer’s owner’s manual to confirm proper placement of the jackpoint jackstand.
Remember - no jack stand is safe if it’s in the wrong place.
©, tm®, patented by jackpoint jackstands, llc. All rights reserved.
High Performance Jack Stands for Today's Cars
5. Position the jack under the vehicle so that the Pad aligns under the vehicle’s factory jacking location (Illustration 4).
4. Before beginning, locate the factory jacking location on your vehicle. The proper factory jacking location should be indicated in your owner’s or operator’s manual for your vehicle. If your manual is missing, you may also find information about the proper factory jacking location on line or in the trunk with the spare tire and factory jack. Using the proper jacking location is important for the safe use of jackpoint jackstands. If you are not certain of the correct location, seek additional information to avoid injury and/or damage to your vehicle. The jacking locations pictured in these instructions are for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual factory jacking location on your vehicle.
Several different styles of Jackpoint pads are available. Check the Jackpoint Store to see which pad is recommended for your car. If you have questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If your vehicle’s jacking location needs a custom or modified Jackpoint pad customized pads are available for an additional charge.
Warning - Read all instructions before using Jackpoint Jackstands!
Important- never place your hands on top of the jack stand base or under the jack pad while positioning the base under the jack! Unintended lowering of the jack or a jack failure could result in serious injury to hands if your hand is caught between the jack stand base and the cap. These jack stands are rated at 4000 lbs. Do not overload the jack stands or use a jack stand that appears to be damaged.